About Sunny Hills:
- President, Bizbuild.com, Inc. (Google Ads Agency)
- Spiritual Meditation Leader & Gong Player: SunnyHillsMeditation.com
- Certified Yoga Teacher by KRI, Kundalini Research Institute, Espanola, NM
- CPCC, Certified Professional Co-Active Coach = Life Coach & Executive Coach (Most Famous Former Client is Movie Star Chris Pratt, 60-item Filmography, including: TV "Parks & Recreation," + Film Series "Guardians of the Galaxy" & "Jurassic World")
- 2018-2021 Level-2 500-hr Kundalini Yoga Aquarian Teacher Training, Certification, KRI = Kundalini Research Institute, Espanola, NM, Seattle WA, Vancouver B.C. & Ottawa, Canada
- 2018 Studied Gurmukhi (Language of the Gurus) with Siri Sevak Kaur for 4 months SiriSevak.com
- 2017-2018 KRI Level-1 200-hour Kundalini Yoga Aquarian Teacher Training Certification, Kundalini Research Institute, Espanola, NM KundaliniResearchInstitute.org
- 2013-2017 Expanded Bizbuild.com, Inc. to include 75 Companies on Waiting List.
- 2008-2013 Perry Marshall's Top Internet Marketing Coach, Perry Marshall & Associates: PerryMarshall.com
- 2004-2008 Producer of (7) ''Sunny Thoughts™ CDs (Mp3s & Streaming), with 170,000+ on Email List from more than 200 Countries
- 2004-2006 1st Podcaster in State of Hawaii with Sunny Thoughts™ = One of 1st 1,000 Podcasters Worldwide
- 2002-2004 #1 International Trainer for C.J. Hayden, Training Entrepreneurs to become Licensed Trainers of C.J. Hayden's Get Clients Now™ Small Business Marketing Program: GetClientsNow.com
- 2001-2002 Commuted to Sonoma, CA for 1-Year Leadership Training that CTI Required of all their Certified Coach Trainers. CoActive.com
- 2000-2001 Commuted to San Rafael, CA to Study 1-Year & Earn CPCC Professional Co-Active Coach Certification from CTI. CoActive.com
- 1999-2000 Studied Hawaiian Language & Worked Part-Time as Bartender, Waiter, Tourist Activities Sales Agent & On-Air Personality at KONI 104.7 FM
- 1999 Retirement Was Unsatisfying After 5 months
- 1999 Sold Pro Sound & Video Corp & Retired at Age 47, Moving to Beachfront Maui, Hawaii (Lived There for 17 Years)
- 1994-1999 President, Pro Sound & Video Corp
- 1989-1999 Licensed Low-Voltage Electrician, State of Oregon & Licensed Electrical Administrator, State of Washington
- 1987-1994 Founder/Owner, Sound Investments, Eugene, OR
- 1985-87 #1 Rated Afternoon Radio Personality in Metropolitan Eugene/Springfield, Oregon Market, at KPNW-AM/FM
- 1985-86 Graduate Teaching Fellow in Broadcasting at University of Oregon
- 1984-85 Radio Personality, Program Director, Music Director, Production Director at KRSB/KY95
- 1980-84 Radio Personality at Various Oregon Music Stations, KRVM, KASH/KSND, KGAL, KWIP, KSLM, KDUK
- 1980-81 Full Scholarship Grad Student at University of Oregon School of Journalism & Radio Announcer at Classical Station KWAX-FM.
- 1980-87 Commercial Voice Talent Throughout State of Oregon.
- 1978-79 Book Review Columnist, Writing Book Reviews for the Santa Fe New Mexican (City Newspaper)
- 1974-1978 B.A. Classical Liberal Arts (The Great Books Program), St. John's College, Santa Fe, NM
- Spring 1973 Nominated Best Actor in a Supporting Role as "Antonio" in University of Oregon's Main Stage Production of Shakespeare's "The Tempest" (3 nominees total for academic year, 1972-73)
- 1970-73 University of Oregon Honors College, English, Theater, Fine Arts
- 1970-78 Studied Five Languages Other Than English in College (Ancient Greek, French, German, Latin, Russian)
- August 1971 Began Practicing Kundalini Yoga at age 19
- 1968 Age 17, Set Personal Goal to Be as Wise as Jesus & Socrates by Age 21.
- 1967 Age 16, Began Reading Voraciously, While Wanting to Know the Meaning of Life & Why We're Here: Plato, Ben Franklin, Dostoevsky, etc.--
"Dostoevsky said: "If You Spend Your Entire Life, Trying To Puzzle Out The Meaning Of Life, Do Not Say You've Wasted Your Time."
- November 1966, Age 14, Finished 47th out of 48 Runners in City Cross-Country Championship for Eugene, Oregon Junior High Boys.
- 1965-66 Self-Rehabbed Before the Profession of Physical Therapy Had Been Invented.
- February 1, 1965, Age 12, Released from Hospital, Unable to Stand or Walk. I Had Lost 48% of My Body Weight, Before the Accident, I Was 5' 4" 105 lbs. But After Hospitalization, I Was 55 lbs.
- September 3, 1964, Age 12, Hit by a Car Going 75 MPH While Riding My Bicycle. The Car Was Packed Full of 8 High School Cheerleaders Who Said They Did Not See Me. RESULT: Severe Injuries to Both Legs. Hospitalized with Both Legs in Traction for 5 Months. Doctors said "You'll never walk again." (According to Google, the Chance of Surviving a Car-Hits-Bicycle Accident Above 70 MPH is 0.0%)
The Evolution of These "Online Kundalini Meditation, Music, Mantra, Gong & Song" Classes:
In the fall of 2014 Sunny & Vicky attended an alumni event at Sunny’s alma mater, St. John’s College. They randomly met a sophomore there and exchanged contact info.
In the Spring of 2016, Sunny called the young student to see how he was doing. He wasn’t doing too well. He had dropped out of school and was working on a dairy farm. Sunny had been certified as a CPCC = Professional Co-Active Coach in 2001, but had stopped practicing in 2009, in order to dedicate himself full time to his work with Google.
From 2016-2019, Sunny coached his young protégé who returned to St. John’s, graduating with his 2nd Ariel Internship at Los Alamos National Laboratory. That success was followed by the award of a grant from the U.S. Department of Energy for a full-time position at the lab, among an elite team of PhD’s and College Professors. The following year, he was hired by the lab, and he is continuing his work there full-time.
That was the beginning of Sunny’s avocation of coaching 3 or 4 young people at no charge, as his way of “giving back” to the Universe for all of the blessings & support he had received from his mentors in earlier years. He continues to coach 4 young people pro bono to this day.
In 2018, during his morning meditations, Sunny was prompted to expand his reach in helping others, by teaching Kundalini Yoga at Unity of the Valley & in his home, donating 100% of the class fees to Unity of the Valley, Eugene. He felt he could reach more people in a group yoga class than he could as an individual life coach.
Those classes inspired him to invest in two large gongs in order to enhance the class experience for his students. In the Fall of 2018, he started taking piano lessons, hoping to someday write music specifically to further enhance the class experience of his students.
Those weekly classes continued through February of 2020, until the Pandemic made it unsafe to meet in groups for live yoga classes. Sunny held a few “Community Calls” online with his yoga students for a few months, just to stay in contact and to give people a place to connect and report how they were coping with their new life in seclusion.
In June, these Zoom calls started to include Meditation and “Healing Gong Relaxations,” prompting Sunny to invest in an extremely high-quality audio interface and other home recording studio equipment & software in order to improve the sound quality of these live Zoom meditation classes.
Sunny had been a professional radio personality in the 1980’s and had owned Pro Sound & Video Corp in the 1990’s, so he had a strong background in audio. However, digital audio production had advanced tremendously since 1999, when he sold that business. Sunny now found himself baffled by the new complexities in this field.
To become current, Sunny hired a New York Producer, who had just earned his Master’s in Music Technology from NYU, to help him get the best sound possible for his Zoom Meditation Video Recordings. It is a special challenge to record the sounds produced by a Gong with enough quality for the vibrations to have a powerful effect on the students. Sunny has spared no expense in time or effort to continue improving that sound quality since July of 2020.